Major League Baseball announced that they will begin using instant replay in games starting Thursday. In honor of this historic shift in the way baseball will be called – we are taking a look at the Top 10 Baseball Movies of All Time – all worthy of another look.
So here they are – the Top 10 Baseball Movies of All Time:
1. Bad News Bears: Argue if you want – but I’ll just send Tanner over to whip your ass.
2. Bull Durham: “You just got lesson number one: don’t think; it can only hurt the ball club.”
3. Field of Dreams: “I’m going to beat you with a crowbar until you leave.”
4. The Sandlot: “You’re killing me Smalls!”
5. The Natural: Come on – we all know the home run scene.
6. Major League: “Is very bad to steal Jobu’s rum. Is very bad. ”
7. Eight Men Out: Just an all around good baseball flick.
8. Pride of the Yankees: Simply a classic.
9. Little Big League: “Takes me 3 hours to paint a house – takes you 5. How long to do it together?” “What color paint?”
10. 61*: A really good movie – just skip the last few minutes when Mark McGwire intrudes.
Summer Catch: For obvious reasons.
Rookie of the Year: “I think those tendons have healed – a little, a little tight.”
For Love of the Game: We just couldn’t have Costner in the Top 10 three times.
The Rookie: Best use of a roadside radar sign in a movie award.